Monday, April 22, 2019


THE AXONOMETRIC
 
Today I'd like to introduce you to Daniel Libeskind and his exceptional axonometric drawings. 


Through the use of drawings he can express conceptual ideas, through to built buildings.
"An architectural drawing," Libeskind has written, "is as much a prospective unfolding of future possibilities as it is a recovery of a particular history, to whose intentions it testifies and whose limits it always challenges. In any case a drawing is more than the shadow of an object, more than a pile of lines, more than a resignation to the inertia of convention."


Lets start with the Micromega series; a deconstructivist study of space. 1979
Rooms shaken up and placed back down.
A conceptual exploration of architecture






https://libeskind.com/work/micromegas/
"Micromegas The Architecture of End Space"


The Moma art Gallery describes one of his Micromegas thusly

"Libeskind's Micromegas Project established many of the concerns of the architect's project City Edge, Berlin, which was included in Deconstructivist Architecture. Named after a short story by the eighteenth-century French historian and philosopher Voltaire, the Micromegas project began with eleven pencil drawings, which subsequently served as studies for a series of prints, including this one.
... projected fragments of architectural elements explode across the surface of the paper, illustrating no single moment but alluding to events in both the past and the future"






So now take that notion of the Micromega; A study, an explosion... and now consider applying those ideas to architecture in its built form. 


I'll briefly touch on some examples where he has taken this radical, illustrative idea and tried to apply the ideals into architectural form

"I think the era of rebuilding structures of the past has now passed because going back in history has never really worked – anywhere. Conservatives argue that the old city was such a good city, that it is much safer to rebuild in that image than to move forward to something unknown. But do you really want to have the old city back with all its disadvantages that are so easily overlooked? Does this actually solve the current challenges? You need affordable housing, places for kids and families, more public places. If you just follow the old building lines and volumes, you are actually treating the city like a piece of art or a museum that has to stay the same or that was finished at some point."
interview with Libeskind Uncube magazine 1 August 2015



The first example is Libeskinds Jewish museum. You can see here is his original axonometric sketch a search for meaning from the larger context. Cultural, physical and historical connections visualized. Notice also how he achieves a axonometric appearance through the addition of shadow as the projection of the plan. Not the classical axo, but I'd still considered this as an axonometric






His idea eventually honed in on a concept taken from the Star of David. A Jewish symbol used  at one time to stigmatize a culture, breaking. Broken people, lives and timelines. The building itself being born of this broken symbol opened out.








As second example is Potzdamer Platz also in Berlin.
Now his previous larger context sketch is revisited, reinterpreted for this site. A conceptual axonometric is born

 







His built form axonometric of the resultant design speaks volumes about the concept and its realization as a space. Where the cities connections are etched firmly in the resultant place.





 
Now to finish off with a couple of Libeskinds explorations in axonometric; described as artworks, these examples show clearly how the intention of the plan is communicated as an axonometric form.



Collage 1967
 
 
 
 
Axonometric Crystal NewYork London 1970



You can see by these examples how the axonometric can be used to express conceptual ideas, architectural spaces and even as artworks. I hope this helps you all when designing your axonometric visualization of your UNSW building concepts.




4 comments:

  1. OBTENGA LA CURACIÓN DEL VIH Y OTRAS ENFERMEDADES MORTALES CON MI MEDICINA BASADA EN LAS PLANTAS DE DR. BARBARA ¿ESTÁ USED TENIENDO PROBLEMAS EMBARAZADA? PUEDO AYUDARLE O AMPLIAR EL PENE
    Ofrezco hechizos de todo tipo, čo je hechizos chráni pred kráľovstvom, chrániť a nosotros mismos, a nuestros amigos, familiares, seres queridos, nuestro hogar, viajes, empleo, dinero, salud, maskotas, embarazo, agrandamiento del pene y muchas otras personas o koľko sa zhodnotila späť Ex. Pripusťte si, prosím, to, že ste ochoreli na hepatitídu, laonoréru, lasifilizujte, aby ste sa podieľali na riešení problémov s mozgovými príhodami. Žiadne cobro por trabajo. Solo proporcionará el dinero que usaré para comprar los materiales necessarios para la preparación de cura. Kontakte s informáciami
    1. Dôležité upozornenie
    2. Počet osôb, ktoré sú zapojené do činnosti
    3. Voľné osoby (opcional, sólo a esto se konoce)
    4. Una breve historia de la situación
    5. Neprípustné, nepredvídateľné, presne vykreslené
    6. tu ubicación
    Môžete sa obrátiť na tradue del correo electrónico barbaravoodootempel@gmail.com
    o whatsapp +2347032152878
    Pokiaľ ide o informácie, ktoré sa nachádzajú v kontakte s informáciami, ktoré sa nachádzajú v tejto oblasti, je potrebné zistiť, aké informácie sa vyžadujú. Nevyžaduje sa žiadna výnimka, ktorá by bola zakázaná alebo zakázaná. Póngáz en kontakto con el Dr. BARBARA Correo electrónico
    barbaravoodootempel@gmail.com
    o WhatsApp +2347032152878

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone out there, help me Thank Dr UGO! My name is MRS LINDA from Netherlands. I am here to give testimony on how I got my ex husband back, my husband left me for no reason 6 Months. He moved in with another woman, I felt like killing myself, my life became very bitter and sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me about a great spell caster that is very good and she said that he told her all about her life history and the problem she is facing, I didn't believe it because I've worked with so many of them and it didn't work. She begged me further so I decided to try this great spell caster called Great Dr UGO. I still didn't believe, but inside me I wanted to give a try and as God will have it, I used the spell solution he gave me and the next day I received a call from my darling husband Romero last month. He apologized and came back to me. I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr UGO once again, if you want to reach him via email:(dr.ugo.temple@gmail.com) Or whatsapp on +2348056534515.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone out there, help me Thank Dr UGO! My name is MRS LINDA from Netherlands. I am here to give testimony on how I got my ex husband back, my husband left me for no reason 6 Months. He moved in with another woman, I felt like killing myself, my life became very bitter and sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me about a great spell caster that is very good and she said that he told her all about her life history and the problem she is facing, I didn't believe it because I've worked with so many of them and it didn't work. She begged me further so I decided to try this great spell caster called Great Dr UGO. I still didn't believe, but inside me I wanted to give a try and as God will have it, I used the spell solution he gave me and the next day I received a call from my darling husband Romero last month. He apologized and came back to me. I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr UGO once again, if you want to reach him via email:(dr.ugo.temple@gmail.com) Or whatsapp on +2348056534515.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT MOTHER IS REAL. PLEASE BELIEVE HER. I am Lucy Jones and i want to share my testimony on how real Great Mother is and how she helped me to get  my ex husband back to me. when my husband left me, i thought it was all over until i saw testimonies of Great mother how she has helped so many people. I never believed but i gave it a try since i had no option. I contacted her and i told her everything. She told me what to do and to my Greatest surprise, my man came back to me in 3 days time just as Great Mother said. Thank you Great mother. Thank you very much. If you need help please contact the Great Mother now on her Email: Greatmotherofsolutiontemple1@gmail.com  and you can also reach her on her whatsapp no: +17025514367  you can also check her out on her website: Greatmotherofpowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ARCHITECTURE IN MOVIES

THE SHINING Stanley Kubrick's The Shining is widely considered to be among the best big-screen adaptations of the Stephen King ...